On May 8, 1913, the town of Weyburn entered into an agreement with the R.M. of Weyburn regarding the financing of the construction of the Weyburn General Hospital.
The Weyburn General Hospital was completed and opened in 1913 at a cost of $85,000. It was the first publicly run medical facility in the community and the only hospital from Portal to Regina at the time.
It ceased as a hospital when the Weyburn Union Hospital opened in October 1952. It was sold to the Sisters of the Cross and was operated as Mount Saint Mary’s nursing home until 1984.




